Hi there and thank you for having a look at Sparrow!
Sparrow is a brand new WordPress blogging theme from Bonfire Themes. Aimed primarily for personal use, it takes a no-nonsense approach, allowing you to get straight to blogging; simply install and you’re ready to publish.
That said, Sparrow does come with settings that allow you to customize some key things. However, we’ve avoided bloating the theme and have instead focused on making Sparrow a tight package with unique elements, smooth animations (even on mobile devices!) and are making use of WordPress’ own built-in tools to keep everything as lightweight as possible.
But we’ll stop here and let Sparrow itself do the rest of the talking. We’ll leave a handy list of features below, but please do browse around the demo sites to get a first-hand look at what’s on offer.
Our customers love us!
As always, you can rely on our support should you need it. If you’re an existing customer and have spoken to us previously, then you already know what that means. If you’re new, then here is just a taster of what our customers have to say about Bonfire Themes:
- “Great products, matched by great customer support.”
- “A customer service like that, I haven’t seen for a long time!”
- “I am one happy customer indeed! Thank you guys! Keep up the good work!”
- “This is by far the best support..”
- “… extreme fast response!!!”
- “Thanks for your speedy service! :)”
- “Best support I’ve ever seen! .. Five stars is not enough!”
- “Wow, thanks for the prompt response.”
- “… customer service provided goes above and beyond … An excellent experience from start to finish.”
- “Thanks for such a speedy response! You rock man!”
- clean, well-defined and fully-responsive liquid design
- beautiful and subtle animations
- easy logo uploader enabled
- single-level main menu + site-wide author Gravatar display with its own secondary, two-level, icon-supported accordion menu (custom image option also available)
- randomized header backgrounds
- post- & page-specific header backgrounds (+ YouTube video backgrounds)
- touch-enabled gallery (customized PhotoSwipe)
- PageLoader plugin included ($15 value)
- optional full-screen static front page (image or video background)
- integrated share buttons at the end of posts (Twitter, Facebook, Google+, E-mail)
- ready for translation/localization (.mo, .po files included)
- clean and minimal jQuery comment form
- contact form with validation
- widgetized footer
- ready-to-edit child theme
- tested on several browsers across multiple operating systems and devices (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera, iOS, Android, Windows devices)
- a ton of extremely customizable shortcodes: alerts, progress bars, text highlighting, dividers, buttons, boxes etc. + shortcodes for YouTube, Vimeo, USTREAM, DailyMotion, Blip.tv + easy shortcode for placing content in columns (text, images, as well as video)
- extensive documentation
UPDATE 1.2 (December 7, 2014) - Added mobile menu option + the option to show it at a user-specified resolution (you can show it only on mobile, also at desktop resolutions, or not at all)
UPDATE 1.1 (December 1, 2014) - Secondary avatar menu now supports sub-menus - Secondary avatar menu now supports icons (450+ icons available)
ORIGINAL RELEASE 1.0 (November 20, 2014)